Monday, November 20, 2006

"The Idol O' Many Hands"

Everybody is pressuring kids my age to have idols. Knowing todays youth, it's some corrupt sports star or some daemonic emo-tard, so I thought I'd post some of MY idols here. Enjoy:

John Carmack: The ULTIMATE in geek dreamers! The man was held responsible for many school shootings (most notably the Columbine Massacre; along with Marilyn Manson, respectively), and revolutionized the way video games are made and played. It's hard to go through my video game collection and not find a copy of DOOM floating around. Or Quake, DOOM 2, etc...

Bill Gates: Cliche, I know. But the man created THE standardised OS, and he knows how to take over the world. I mean taking over Bungie, and making Halo 2 PC a Vista exclusive. C'mon!

Tony Hawk: The guy's almost 50 and he's still boarding? F***! I can't believe that he has seen the entire history of skateboarding! From the start, back in good ol' (I use the phrase loosely) LA, to the emo-punk uprising, he's lived through it all. Plus he advocates safety; big plus.

Steve Jobs: "So bill, how was your weekend?" "Oh, you know, making people think your my sworn nemesis, so that we can launch an unexpected joint coup on the world" "Myes" "Indeed"

John Hargrave: The KING of dot-comedy. He's hosted late night tech-comedy shows, and he can certainly make a credit card company think twice about sending him a card. What? You've never heard of him? No matter! www.zug.com There ya go!

3 comments:

S.M. Elliott said...

Man, I'm old. Don't know who some of these fellers are.

tshsmom said...

SME, not old, just not a GEEK! I'm sure Aaron would know these people.
Check out the Zug thing. He can be hilarious.

Hawkeyi's Blog said...

Gates, I like Gates! One mentor I have is this guy I see in the mall all the time, between 60-70, he takes the slowest steps ever at walking using a walker, it takes 5 minutes for him to drag his feeble body 25 feet, but yet her perseveres, Its incredible to me this guy does this almost daily, what a true inspiration he is to me, I told sme I need to meet him and learn his name! what a fighter!