Friday, August 08, 2008

Luckiest man on Entler, part 1

Grey skies and gray lands. A personal hell. “How the hell did I end up here?” The man thinks. “I didn't do shit, and now I'm here. How the HELL did I end up here?”

Jeremy Roderick never did have good luck. Even as a child, all the bigger kids would push him about or steal something of his. And as an older child, none of the girls seemed the least bit interested in him. And now, in his late 30's, he was stuck on this god forsaken rock in the middle of an unknown system, and he knew that his luck had not changed.

He was on the planet of Entler in the Astren system, although he did not know these names, nor where he might locate those in relation to New Earth. All he knew was the atmosphere was breathable, and that alone was enough for now.

How he got there was a little mysterious to him; one moment, he is in a bar, trying to find a job: smuggling, bounty hunting, whatever he could get in a seedy bar on the edge of his sanity, otherwise known as New Earth; and the next moment, he wakes up, his leg broken, on the most barren planet for many light-years. No, his luck had indeed not changed.


Picking himself up and dusting off his clothes, he angrily mutters, "Well, I guess I better check for signs of a station, or a way off of this shithole."

1 comment:

ZC said...

Just a little project, something I felt like writing. :P