Sunday, October 30, 2005

Noooooooo!!!

I recently hosted my first Brikwars (www.brikwars.com) battle with my friend, and it was a blast! If you look at the picture, my forces are the ones on the left, and that box used to be a hangar. Needless to say I lost, but I still laughed long and hard over one thing: The un-wholesome carnage. I had five men with their heads intact by the end of the game. I do not use violence as a solution to a situation in real life, nor am I a violent person. But watching my own medieval units getting mowed down by a bomb was too much fun. If you were there, you might have said the same thing. I looked through the body pile after the game and there were more arms than you could imagine! I laughed so hard I was nearly sick! Anyway the game was a blast. Two days later I'm still cleaning up this mess! But it was worth it, to watch my spaceship fly into a million pieces.

6 comments:

S.M. Elliott said...

Oh, the humanity...

S.M. Elliott said...

Looks like fun though! Heehee.

tshsmom said...

You're partly responsible; some of those legos are yours, SME.

Sagepaper said...

That looks like too much fun! I envy you. My husband broke an engagement promise to me: he said we could play with Legos and Lockblocks. He's too busy :(

Do the rules let you use an Erector set? I had a fun time engineering Rube Goldberg machines with the two systems. The Erector set motor was definitely a good addition to the building blocks.

I bet you could do a lot better than I did with it. You have doubtless gotten some engineering instruction growing up in your family!

Laura said...

Legos used to be boring... I would have killed for something like that when I was a kid...

The Zombieslayer said...

Looks like fun. We destroyed many legos playing games like these in the past.

We played a game called "Roton," something we made up. We took a metal D&D miniature and put him within a lego machine on wheels. The first person to have their machine break through the other's "roton" and hit their opponent's metal miniature won.

We were lucky though. We had spoiled older cousins who had huge boxes of legos that they got tired of and gave them to us.