Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why Mr.Lieberman? Why?


I have attached a photo of some well-selling games for the PS2. Can you tell me the relasionship between them? Katamari Damacy, Killzone, FFX, and R&C 3 all have one thing in common.

They are all fun.

The issue of violence in video games is useless. It is only another government scapegoat so they don't have to deal with the real issue, parenting today sucks. I know I am going to offend some people with this, but it's the truth. Parents don't pay any attention to their kids and don't give them any love, then the kids turn to GTA, Mortal Kombat, etc. to release their violent tendancies. Then they shoot up a Mcdondalds or a school. This is a touchy subject for some, but it's the truth.

BTW, I know I shouldn't be name-dropping so much, but it's hard not to.

9 comments:

tshsmom said...

Check your spelling, Mr Natural-Born Speller!

The Zombieslayer said...

It is only another government scapegoat so they don't have to deal with the real issue, parenting today sucks.

I like the way you think.

S.M. Elliott said...

Have to agree with that one. If videogames influenced behaviour as much as anti-gamers say, then everyone from the Atari generation would be brain-damaged from playing "Pong" and "Space Invaders". (Okay, some of us ARE idiots, but I don't think "Pong" is to blame!)

I believe people like to blame games for kids' violent behaviour because game-makers can be sued; sucky parents can't. It's all about the money.

Sagepaper said...

The video games made him do it! This isn't new, exactly. Same Content, different Form. In my day, the Form wasn't video games, it was Rock music. Our answer was much the same as your answer would be. If your entertainment causes violence, and millions are "exposed" to the same thing, why are their only a handful of nut jobs who go berserk?

ZC said...

Exactly! The government, parents, stupid people, etc. They all want to blame things when they realize that they did something wrong. They need to admit that they did something wrong. Wether it be games, music, anything! This is why I believe that people need to take some damned responsibility!

greatwhitebear said...

Ahhhh so PONG is the cause of that... I shoulda realized it before!

S.M. Elliott said...

The sound of Pong was rather hypnotic. Maybe we're such space cadets 'cause we hear "Boop. Boop. Boop." in our heads sometimes...

S.M. Elliott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tshsmom said...

SME, in your case I think it was that goofy Smurf game you used to play.